Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Work Shop Wednesday #4............Punch Around the Page

Hi, everyone! I hope you all had a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving? I had a nice quiet one. This is the first Thanksgiving in a long time, that we didn't have our children here. I missed them a lot, but I have to respect and understand that they have families of their own now and I'm okay with that.

Today is work shop wednesday, so I'm posting something today that I think we all have had problems with at one time or another. I know I have!

This is a tutorial on punch around the page. I found this tutorial on http://splitcoaststampers.com Check it out! I think it could be a big help to a lot of us.

Thank you for stopping by. Hugs, Brenda




Punch Around the Page

by Beate Johns
Create perfect borders and corners with Martha Stewart's new punch combo.

Supplies

Step-by-Step

  1. Step 1

    Pull out the guide wings of the corner punch.

    Slide one corner of the cardstock into the punch. Make sure both sides of the cardstock line up right against the sides of the guide.
  2. Punch down.

    Hint:
    For seamless punching, you will need to start out with certain cardstock measurements. Those are 3 1/4", 5", 6 3/4", 8 1/2", 10 1/4" or 12".

    Instructions are included in the packaging, but you can find them here, too!
    Punch How-To (PDF, 315KB)
  3. Step 2

    Repeat on all four outer corners.
  4. Step 3

    Fold cardstock in half.

    Fold one wing of the corner guides back into the punch.

    Line up one of the inner corner edges with the corner punch.
  5. Line up the mark on the side of the punch with the score line.
  6. Step 4

    Repeat on all four inner corners.
  7. Step 5

    Unfold the guide wings of the border punch and slide cardstock in.
  8. Line up one of the corners with the corner image on the border guide.
  9. Step 6

    Punch your first border image.
  10. Line up punched border with border on guide and punch again.
  11. Step 7

    Punch again.
  12. Repeat on all borders.
  13. Step 8

    Fold card base in half.
  14. Decorate card front.

 

Name:

Email: (your email address will not be shown)

Location: (optional)

URL: (optional)

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?



No comments:

Post a Comment