Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Christmas Eve!

Are you all looking for Santa? I know a couple of little ones that are so excited, I don't know if they will get any sleep tonight?

I'm at my daughter's house in North Carolina for Christmas this year. Last year I spent it in Georgia with my oldest daughter, her husband, her In-Laws and my two precious grandchildren, Riley and Braelynn. I will miss their excitement, but I'm enjoying Christmas here. I'm sure I'll hear and see all about what Santa brought them!

I know I didn't fill every day of December like I wanted to, I don't know what I was thinking? Oh! That's right! I wasn't thinking! LOL! I don't know why I thought I could get everything done that I needed to do, before leaving for the trip and do something for my blog every day in December. Well, anyway! I do have some things to share with you that I have done since I last posted.

This is the Christmas card I made to give out to the Doctors, Nurses, Technicians and patients where I have been taking radiation treatments for breast cancer. Now with saying that, I didn't mention that to get sympathy, I only want to let you all know that I am very thankful it was detected early and was very small. I didn't have to take Chemo. I give God all praise! He is so good! All the time! Sorry the picture isn't turned right, I don't know that much about my daughter's computer.


This is what it said on the inside.












I made these boxes and paperclip angels to give to the Doctors and staff too!











My sister and I were diagnosed a month apart with breast cancer, so I made her this fleece blanket for Christmas. She has been taking chemo and she has to take radiation afterwards, so I think she'll like this to carry with her to treatments.








This is it all wrapped up!












Wishing you Joy, Peace and Happiness with your family and friends tonight. Most of all let's remember the true Reason for the Season, " Jesus "! Happy Birthday Jesus!

Thank you for stopping by! Love and Hugs to all! Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and a Happy HEALTHY New Year for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda I know you said you didn't want sympathy, but I really am sorry to hear that you (and your sister!) were diagnosed with breast cancer. It cuts close to home for me as I just lost one of my best friends to breast cancer. I'm so glad you were diagnosed early and "only" need radiation. I wish you and your family peace and love and a speedy recovery. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, with all you have going on,you certainly DID accomplish a lot. Your caregivers will love that you thought of them and will appreciate the nifty gifts. Best of luck in your treatments & to your sister as well. God keep both of you in His close care, and I'm so thankful this was caught early for you. Many hugs and prayers for your complete recovery and God Bless. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete