Monday, January 13, 2014

Paper Rose Tutorial

Happy Monday, everyone! I thought you may enjoy a tutorial today, so here we go.

Items you will need:
large stylus ( for breaking down paper )
small stylus ( for shaping petals )
molding mat ( or old mouse pad will work )
quick dry glue (  that dries clear )
McGill Floral Petals punch
McGill Birch Leaf punch
McGill Alpine Snowflake punch
Card stock








1.) Punch out six of each flower petals, three leaves and one snowflake.

                               
2.) Place punched shape on molding mat and using the large stylus, press down and working in a circular motion. This softens and breaks down the card stock.
This is what they should look like when you are done breaking down the fibers.                                          

3.) once you have broken down all the pieces, turn the flower petals over and starting at the smaller point of the petal and with the large stylus, press and push toward the center. Do this with all of the petal pieces.
4.) Now using the smaller stylus, curl the tips of each petal. This is what your petals should look like after you've done this to all.                                                                          
.                                                          








5.) Add veins to your leaves. Now it's time to assemble.









 6.) Add a large petal to each snowflake leg.








Your first layer should look like the below photo. The next row of petals should offset the first row, and so on until all petals are used.
7.) After adding all of your petals, starting with larger petals working down to the smallest petal.
8.) Turn rose over and add your leaves.



Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have fun making lots of roses. Hugs Brenda

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Donna! Hope all is well? Hugs

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the lovely tutorial, and for visiting me at my french blog for Memory Box . First time here at your blog, hope we will keep in touch,
    warm hello from California
    Bibiana
    DT Memory Box
    My English Personal blog:
    http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/
    My blog written in French For My Memory Box : “ Un Brin de Créativité”: http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/unbrindecreativite/
    My Blog written in Spanish for Memory Box: “A Crear se Dijo!”: http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/acrearsedijo/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for visiting me! I visit your blog quite often. I love your creations. I look forward to keeping in touch. Hugs from Georgia

      Delete
  3. Brenda,your flower is gorgeous and the tutorial is wonderful.and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda,your flower is gorgeous and the tutorial is wonderful.and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Barbara! I'm glad it came across, easy to follow. I'm glad my pictures were clear enough, that you can actually see each step. Thanks for visiting. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Brenda, I love this! Maybe this is one thing we could try "in person" whenever you host your next paper crafting lesson? I wanna try out some more of your crafting tools too! I'm actually going to be including some paper crafted elements in the spring decorations for the church and I'm really excited for you to see them. Although I hope I can pull it off without disappointing your paper crafting eye miserably! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hello there Mrs. Shirley Ann! Thank you for stopping by and also sharing my tutorial. I really enjoyed making this rose. It was so easy too! I look forward to having another crafting lesson with the ladies, or even just you. I would love to see what you are working on, for the church decorations. I think your work is beautiful, you don't have to worry about me being disappointed. Everything I've seen so far, has been just wonderful. Maybe we can get together, even with your mom and have a play day? Maybe when the weather warms up again? Thank you for your kind comments. Hugs

      Delete