Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hello Everybody! Happy Wednesday and all that good stuff. I have been surfing all the different blogs out there, trying to find another challenge to do. I think I found one! Or actually I found three! It certainly gave me a run for my time, when I started it. Like I said, I did this card with three challenges in mind. I used my crystal lacquer on the tiles, but it just dulled the image, I guess it's too old. I'm going to enter it in the challenges anyway. I still think it turned out pretty good. We shall see.

Sorry, but this is a quick post today. I have a lot to get done before the weekend.

It is so pretty outside, that all I want to do is sit on my porch and enjoy! It's bright, sunny, and just cool enough for long sleeves. 
Please go outside and find some inspiration like I did. It will help clear your mind and be thankful too!

As always, thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful Wednesday! Hugs Brenda




Challenges:
1.) Sketchy Colors http://sketchycolors.blogspot.com/  ...............................Green, Beige, Cream
2.) Paper Sundaes http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/  ................................Paper Piecing
3.) Come and get it Challenge http://comeandgetitchallenges.blogspot.com/  ..............Faux Tile
4.) For Your Inspiration http://foryourinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com/  ................Photo inspiration challenge..............Greens, yellows, oranges, browns, tans


Melissa over at Creating from the Heart http://keepsakesbymelissa.blogspot.com/ is having a great giveaway to celebrate her birthday.


12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I actually LOVE how the colors softened...it makes is look very vintage~Thanks so much for joining us at Come and Get It this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is lovely! I like the effect of the dull crystal lacquer, you may be onto a new technique! :-) Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the technique, hmmm, mind did the same thing when putting on the Crystal Effects. I'm not sure if it is old, or that's the effect it has, anyway I found if I colored with markers, then it wasn't as dull, but I do like the duller look as it makes it look more vintage. Anyway great job and thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenges.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining SC's colorchallenge this week.
    Hugs, Kaia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card. Too bad the crystal accents dulled it because I know you had done a great job colouring. the bow is very pretty. Thanks so much for taking part in this week's Come and Get it Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image and colouring. Great bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda you did a wonderful job on your card, I had the same problem......making dull, the fix to that is more of the Crystal.

    Thanks for joining us for the challenge at Come and Get It!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tiled card! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card--I haven't done a tile card in a little while--thanks for reminding me of them!!! This is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutley lovely. I love the tile look. Need to try this technique. Hope you will stop by and see my stick pin pictorial.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card - love the tiled look you created! Thanks for playing this week at FYI!

    ReplyDelete